Cultures for Health
Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Culture
The Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Culture is the creamiest of the thermophilic heirloom yogurts. Thick, rich, and mild, this is the closest to commercial “European Style” yogurt. The mild flavor of Bulgarian Yogurt makes it a great base for dips, dressings, or other recipes using yogurt.
- Each box contains 2 packets of yogurt starter culture.
- Activate 1 packet using 1 quart pasteurized milk (store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up).
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- Suitable for use with pasteurized whole milk and with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Reusable culture: a small amount of each batch can be used to make the next batch and re-cultured from batch to batch indefinitely.
- A creamy thermophilic heirloom yogurt
- Great base for dips, dressings, or other recipes
- Contains 2 packets of yogurt starter culture